Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Toilet Seat Covers


I've been away from California only a few years but I'd forgotten some of the real perks of living here. Critical benefits immediately recognized:

Toilet Seat Covers
Street Signs
Sushi

So, let's talk about Toilet Seat Covers.

If you rarely leave CA or if you live elsewhere, you may not enjoy the superb benefit of paper toilet seat covers in 'every' public rest room. Yes, every! I'm not sure how CA has managed to pull this off for as many years back as I can remember. But as soon as I entered CA and pulled off to use a restroom, the deep down real joy returned with going into a bathroom and finding, there on the wall, voila!, was the paper seat cover dispenser. Californians, take note, with all the things you have lost due to this economy, the toilet seat cover police must still be on the job.

I don't know how it is that I very rarely have found a seat cover dispenser that is empty. I'm not Pollyanna and I'm sure it happens. But having spent the last few years in a city where seat covers are rare, and certainly not required by law, this is a great luxury. I also think that the state of CA must have managed to put the fear of God into public establishments because they still fill the dispensers! Or, it is possible that the business owners in CA really do care. Just like the cut indentation in the paper seat cover, the truth may lay somewhere in between.

(Oh, thank you to TradeIndia.com for the perfect pic above.)

Marcia's advice for today: Take nothing for granted.

Marcia's 'listen to' song for today: Fitz and the Dizzyspells by Andrew Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment