Thursday, August 13, 2009

Green River, Utah

There's a truck stop little town 52.3 miles west of Moab. To be honest, you've got to go north on I190/UT-128 until you can get onto I70 West but all told, it's an hour away. Green River. Not a lot there. But in Moab prices are more than double, and you're not even looking at the red rock Priest and Nuns. Try www.rodewayinn.com - (435) 564-3421. It's clean, quiet, and has the West Winds Restaurant alongside. I had a grilled cheese on whole wheat (yep, whole wheat), with fries and pickles. You know, after all that driving, just sitting on my bed eating a grilled cheese was kind of comforting. Feet up. No shifting gears in my 6-speed Miata. Me, Jeopardy, a glass of nice Sauvingnon Blanc (oh, I had that in my trunk), and all was right in my world.

Marcia's advice today: On the road, BYOW.

I can't help it. My 'listen to' song for today: Woke Up This Morning by A3

No comments:

Post a Comment